Wednesday, August 25, 2010

so you think you can dance?

I know nothing about dance and never thought before that I will be so touched by contemporary dance. Usually I just can't catch the story behind the dance, but for the very first time, I cried after watching this contemporary dance by Sonya Tayeh. But the embedded code is disabled so I guess I have to go into youtube every time when I miss this piece of dance..

This piece of dance is about when you need salvation, when you try to find some type of peace in yourself or in the world..

My feeling was so complicated when I was watching this dance, I can't really describe my feeling to this dance..it touched deep into my heart..The piece that I tried so hard to hide.

the song is hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8u8xPLar-E

Another contemporary dance that touched my heart is choreographed by Stacey Tookey

This piece is about a guy broke a girl's heart and just at the moment that she is about to heal, he comes back and...

The song is Jar of Heart by Christina Perri who was a waitress before Stacey Chose her song for this dance, so this dance also as Christina Perri life changing witness as her album then sold more than 100 thousands copy and climbed up to the billbord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDZ9Q2hIBk&feature=related

Last but not least,

Contemporary by choreographer Travis Wall. He choreographed this dance for his mother as his mother just had a massive surgery. This dance is telling us how much she struggled and how much he wish to fix her..

In our life, we came across so many times, when we wish we have the power to fix someone we love, we care. And sometimes, how much we hope that an angel will come out and help us to fix all the bad things that happened in our life. Even now, I still hoping...I will have the power...

the song is Fix you by Coldplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm6MidMyFe8



May be one day, I will learn contemporary and touch the hearts of my audiences??perhaps..haha..

No comments: